Have you ever heard about the WordPress GIF plugin? Do you want to know about it? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. Happy reading!
Are you looking for a way to add animated gifs to your posts without having to code anything yourself? Then look no further!
There are many reasons why a giphy plugin might help increase engagement on your site. For example, it could make it easier for new members to find relevant content. It could also allow you to create a fun experience for your visitors.
Installing a WordPress GIF plugin will help you resolve your misery pretty quickly. Today we are going to talk about one such plugin that supports BuddyPress. It will allow you to add gifs to posts running on the activity streams.
Without wasting any more time, let’s jump right into it.
What is the WordPress GIF plugin?
Users may use the BuddyPress Giphy plugin to add animated GIFs to their posts, comments, and messages on an online community website. Make your activity stream more engaging and amusing to users by including GIFs.
What is the purpose of using gifs in an online community website?
Gifs are a great option for your online community site. Gifs can be engaging and fun. They allow users to express themselves. They’re also fun. These are all factors that make gifs an excellent fit for online communities.
It is so well-known that many companies use it in their marketing strategies. It is used by Disney to promote its movies and TV shows. It’s also available in most major browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, and Google Chrome.
These are just a few reasons you should use animated gifs on a website:
1. Increase Engagement
The gifs look great. They are easy to understand and fun to see. They are very popular and people love to look at them. Gifs can increase user engagement.
2. Help create memes
Gifs can be used to create memes. A meme is a humorous picture that people share via social media. Gifs can increase your chances of creating a viral meme.
3. Demonstrate Creativity
Your creativity will be displayed on your community website by using gifs. This will be appreciated by your members.
WordPress GIF Plugin – How to use the BuddyPress Giphy Plugin
WordPress GIF Plugin is user-friendly and allows your community members to post GIFs to posts, in private messaging, and post comments.
Here is how a GIF post will show to other members of your community. Also, you can use GIFs to comment on any post, or while posting in a group.
This plugin is user-friendly, all you have to do is click on the icon available in the “what’s new” section.
WordPress GIF Plugin has a unique and simple back-end. It allows you to set up most of the default settings for GIFs.
- GIPHY API Key – You have to create an application on the GIPHY website to get an API key, and then you have to copy-paste the API key in this section.
- Number of GIFs to load – You can set a value to how many GIFs you want your website to load at a time. By default, we have set this to 20, to avoid any lag on the server side.
- Max Content Rating – You can limit the GIFs as per your site’s requirements using this setting.
- Giphy Rendition – We have used all the popular options available on GIPHY. So, you can choose any size that best fits your community website.
- Profiles – You can switch on/off this option, after enabling it, your users will be able to create posts using GIFs.
- Groups – You can switch on/off this option, after enabling it, your users will be able to create posts in groups using GIFs.
- Messages – You can switch on/off this option, after enabling it, your users will be able to send GIFs in private messages.
Benefits of using the BuddyPress Giphy plugin
- Express your emotions – BuddyPress Giphy can be very useful to express your feelings in much less time than lengthy text.
- Make your posts interactive – BuddyPress Giphy is very useful to make your BuddyPress activities more engaging.
- Accompany your activities with GIFs – BuddyPress Giphy is a great method of showing your reaction to activities, comments, and responses in the shape of animated GIFs.
In conclusion, if you have a community website where users can share content, why not give them a little extra incentive to come back and visit regularly? One of the easiest ways to do this is through a WordPress GIF plugin, which lets users add animations from the popular GIF search engine directly into their posts. This makes it easier for readers to find relevant content, and it also helps build your community.
Other Interesting Reads: